Sunday, March 24, 2013

DIY Easter projects roundup 2013


Hi everyone, and welcome to the 2013 DIY Easter projects roundup! (this way it almost sounds like a big thing!)

Last year's Easter project posts (part 1 and part 2) were some of the most popular entries I ever wrote, and I believe that the key point really is "keep it simple". 
Let's be honest, for most of us the time & budget for Easter decorations (and home decor in general) is limited, and that's the reason why, of all the gorgeous and unaffordable ideas out there, I chose to share just the simplest and less expensive ones. Luckily, sometimes they happen to be extremely pretty too! : )

Let's start form the beautiful hand decorated eggs from JoyEverAfter. Minimun budget (you will only need a few eggshells and a white paint pen, or just a thin brush and some white acrylic) and maximum result. Seriously, these are some of the cutest eggs I've ever seen, and I will surely make some to offer as little favours. : )

Another great classic, even simpler and less expensive than the previous one: natural eggshells to be used as miniature flower vases. These lovely ones are from Craftberry Bush, and I particularly love the delicate shades of pastel pink that she chose for the rosebuds. : )

The "Smartest tip award" goes to Chocolate Shavings for these brilliant patterned eggs. They were made with the help of rubber bands, in order to creat neat, effortless lines while dip-dying the eggs. Bonus points for the candy pink-mint green colour combo!

During the last few seasons, we've seen every possible version of gold dipped stuff. I still like the trend, and I think some simple gold dipped eggs might look cool in quite every kind ov living room. And after all, if you get a chance of being fashionable without much effort, why don't just try it every once in a while? (says one of the least fashionable people in the world - me  ;P )

And yes, I confess I added these cloud&raindrops eggs from Frl. Klein for no other reason than their extreme cuteness! : )

Now for the Kids' Corner: Bunny carrot dip from Pizzazerie. A cute way to convince the little ones to eat carrots, and I guess that if you're in a hurry you can skip the bread basket step and use a regular basket instead. Still, so lovely!

And can you imagine a sweetest plate than this little bunny from Ishtar Olivera? : )
You will only need an oven-safe ceramic plate and a couple of porcelain markers in pink and black. Super easy, and it would also make a lovely little gift! : )


Oh, and I couldn't really miss the funny Mix&Match egg totems from MrPrintables, one of the coolest and most colourful projects out there! :D
I love them so much!

When I first saw these cheesecake filled chocolate eggs on Pinterest, I thought "Here's the classic 'gorgeous looking but horribly complicated' dessert recipe". But, to my big surprise, when I read the whole tutorial from RaspberriCupcakes I had to admit that they are really simple! : )
And if you want to make even quicker, I guess you can replace the passionfruit sauce "yolk" with a more prosaic candy or orange-coloured chocolate (still, the passionfruit sounds like a perfect match for the chocolate&cheesecake mix).
Bonus: these cute desserts can be prepared a couple days in advance, making your Easter lunch a bit simpler to organize! : )

Ok, just for this project I will cheat a bit, 'cause it doesn't look particularly simple nor quick - but it was too original not to share. ; P
So, here's a full tutorial to make cupcakes baked in real eggshells. How cool is that? 
(from Cupcake Project, of course, and to be made only if you have extra spare time and an adventurous mood! )

What's left?
Three projects for artists (colourful thread eggs, again from Craftberry Bush, Pantone eggs from How about Orange and fake cross stitched eggs from So Leb' Ich )..


..two simple and beautiful egg&flower arrangements (the first one is from SheWhoEats, while unfortunately I was unable to find the original source of the second one, from Pinterest)..

..and finally, for some extra cuteness, these DIY tea lights from Smart School house, made out of delicate silk petals.

And if you haven't had enough, you can take a look at my Easter Pinterest board for more projects and inspiration.. 

..or you can just refer to last year's Easter posts!
Both Part 1 and Part 2 will hopefully provide you with ideas, tips and fun! : )



10 comments:

  1. Bellissime vetrine di uova pasquali! Le mie preferite the cheesecake filled chocolate eggs. Bye Manu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: beautiful pictures. Elegant and interesting proposals for Easter decoration. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of wonderful ideas. Thank you for sharing all this. The cheesecake eggs look very yummy ;)
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a lot of fabulous ideas. Thanks for posting them. I will have to show my daughter (10) and perhaps we can make something together over Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jättemånga vackra fina ideér.

    Lil på Lilsdolls

    ReplyDelete
  6. cuantas buenas ideas para decorar con poco presupuesto , gracias por compartirlo

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an adorable post- so many great ideas! Hope you have a wonderful Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ops!! è vero che pasqua è ormai alle porte.... domani spero di provvedere pensando a qualcosina... certo è che questo post aiuta anche le più pigre ^_^ tutte idee carinissime, piene di colore e originali... rispecchiano a pieno i tuoi gusti!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an lovely post, so many creative ideas (my head turns around :D)! Happy Easter!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all these ideas. I wish I would have noticed them before Easter.

    ReplyDelete